About St.Mary’s School, Dehradun
With an eco-friendly, proficient and serene environment the St. Mary’s School is one of the most exceptional schools in Dehradun. It was established in the year 1950 and is run by the institute of Franciscan Clarist Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament of Dehradun. It is a co-educational school from LKG to Class X, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) with the medium of instruction being English. The society which established the St. Mary’s school aims at providing quality education to the youth, especially the poor, abandoned and the underprivileged child.
They believe in oneness and happiness of every soul and therefore the society has been serving the cause of educating and taking care of not only the young and privileged but also the orphaned/destitute child.
The educational service aims at forming the students to be intellectually competent, morally sound, psychologically whole, spiritually responsible, growing in friendly and harmonious interpersonal relationships with a deep sense of noble values and concern for the less fortunate section of the society. With an overall development of a child in academical and forming the structure of a harmonious mind the school is the answer to all the queries concerning your child.
Aims and Mission of St. Mary’s School
Guided by a Seraphinian way of education the school aims at producing individuals who are morally responsible, spiritually rooted and emotionally balanced. The school encourages the children to be responsible and care for the less fortunate section of the society.
Facilities at St. Mary’s School
The school is quiet facilitated as it provides the learning and growth of the children in both technological and psychological manner. The facilities that the school is comprised of are.
- Science Labs- with keeping in mind the needs and techniques of modern learning the school has deeply emphasised on the quality of education being provided. The laboratories provide a deeper and better knowledge of the required field. Once the student moves to the higher classes the Physics, Chemistry and Biological laboratories are designed to take care of the needs of the students and perform experiments. Each of these laboratories has the tendency to hold a strength of 30 to 35 students. The chemistry laboratories have a gas pipeline, eco-friendly methods are used to dispose the chemicals, faulty spear gadgets and devices. The laboratories are updated with new equipment each year.
- Computer Lab- The school labs are well equipped with an appropriate number of computers, with the latest software and updated windows installed in them. Students get to have the required demo classes and gradually they become efficient in using the latest technology with proficiency and excel themselves in the field of information technology.
- Library- With the that good reading habits improve the comprehension, accuracy, fluency and vocabulary of the children, the school has stocked up a minimum of 10,000 books in a wide range of subjects, suited to the needs of its pupils. A number of magazines, periodicals and journals from national and international publications are also available in the library. The Library is stocked up with new books every year.
- Smart Classes- As technology has created a widely optimistic impact on the process of learning; the school provides the facility of smart classes which teach your child the best he could learn in the most innovative way possible. Used for helping the teachers in meeting with their classroom challenges and enhancing student’s academic performance with simple, practical and meaningful use of technology the smart classes has brought a new dimension to the classroom by using interactive content to facilitate conventional teachings.
Other facilities include:
Activities at St. Mary’s School
The school organizes various activities to enhance the creative skills of every child. Activities that are included in school’s curriculum are:
- Vocal/Instrumental learning
- Western/Classical/Folk artforms
- Duppatta Painting
- Information Technology
- Social Works
- Sports Activities
Admission in St. Mary’s School
- For LKG and UKG- At the time of registration of the child, the parent is required to submit to the school office a certified copy of the child’s Birth Certificate from the Registrar of Birth and death/Municipal Corporation.
- For Class I and X- the child will only be admitted to the school after his/her parent or guardian submits a transfer certificate from the school last attended by the child duly countersigned by the education authorities of the concerned state/board and an attested photocopy of the Date of Birth Certificate.