About Shiwalik International School, Dehradun
The Shiwalik International School is a co-educational boarding and day scholar. It is located at Saharanpur Road in Dehradun. The school is affiliated to the ISCE Board, New Delhi (Indian School Certificate Examination). Shiwalik International was established in 1994 and it offers education from play group to Class XII. The school is located in a serene environment with a variety of Flora and Fauna which enables the children to have a closer touch with their natural environment and learn and grow around a healthy surrounding.
The school aims at excellence in academics, extra and co – curricular activities for students recognize their true potential and prepares them to face the challenges of life and to excel in any situation, anywhere in the world. The school is run by veteran management that hails form India’s best institutions. It operates like a learning organization.
Facilities at Shiwalik International School, Dehradun
The school is very well facilitated keeping in mind the requirements and necessities of the students for a better and modernized education. Some among the various facilities offered by the school are listed below.
- Hostel- with best boarding facilities Shiwalik International aims at providing its students a home away from home with all the care and nourishment. The dorms are equipped with a recreation room with good indoor games facilities.The live-in staff monitors the health and hygiene, maintains discipline and takes care of emergencies. With vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals the boarders are given healthy and delicious food.
- Playground- huge stretch of land loaded with vibrantly green and clean grass is what the students at the Shiwalik International usually tend play. The school has all the facility of a modern playground which enables the students to play their heart out.
- Labs- Well equipped labs of Physics, Chemistry and Biology which enables the students to have the practical knowledge of the subject and have a better understanding of every subject and every lesson that is been taught. All the experiments are conducted under the permission and guidance of professionally trained teachers.
- Computer Lab- The computer lab is well stocked with all the modern computers with the latest software that help the students to improvise themselves with each use and become good with the information technology.
- Smart Class Rooms- the school abides by the quote ‘smart is the new modern’ and therefore it teaches the students in a smart way through visual projections which enables the students to understand the topic i a deeper way and relate it through various pictures and audios and remember the things being taught for a longer time and in a much clearer way.
- Music Lab- to encourage the artist inside every child and help them engage with their creative selves the school has a music lab where the students can learn the melodies of various instruments and compose tunes of their own and thus connecting them to a better and soughted version of themselves.
Academics in Shiwalik International School, Dehradun
The school offers education from Play Group to Class XII. It is affiliated to CISCE which offers ICSE for Class X and ISC for Class XII. The students of Class X and XII have to choose among some stream of subjects in Class IX and XI.
Class X Subjects
Group 1 (Cumpolsary)- English, Hindi, History, Geography, Environmental Studies
Group 2- Science, Maths, Commerce and Economics
Group 3- Computer Application and Art
Class XII Subjects
Science Stream- English and Environmental Studies (Cumpolsary), Physics, Chemistry, Bio/Maths, Computer/Arts/Hindi.
Commerce Stream- English and Environmental Studies (Cumpolsary), Accounts, Commerce, Economics/Maths, Computer/Art/Hindi.
Admission in Shiwalik International School, Dehradun
The school provides admission from Play Group to Class VII, IX and XI only. The admission is done through registration which is then followed by an entrance test conducted by the school. Registration is done throughout the year along with a fee of Rs 500. Following documents are to be submitted along with the registration form
- Birth Certificate by the Municipality office.
- Transfer Certificate of the previous school attended.