About Him Jyoti School, Dehradun
Him Jyoti School, Dehradun is a fully residential school for girls which was established in 2003 by H.E. Sudarshan Agarwal, then Governor of Uttarakhand. Him Jyoti is located st Sahastra Dhara Road in Dehradun. The school was established with the aim of providing quality education to the weaker sections of bright girls. The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education
(CBSE), New Delhi.
Him Jyoti School provides these underprivileged girls with education, food, uniform, boarding facilities and toiletries without any cost. It is established under the Him Jyoti Foundation, and has 10 acres of campus with world class facilities. The school produces a great result with most of the girls entering into colleges in cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Moradabad, Dehradun and Nanital. The inauguration of the school was done by then CM Gen. B.C Khanduri. The school offers education in CBSE curriculum from class V to XII.
Curriculum of Him Jyoti School, Dehradun
The school has a curriculum that works as per the norms of the CBSE guidelines. There are various activities that are being organised at the Him Jyoti School which helps in the overall enhancement of the personalities of every student.
- Editorial Club
- Art/Home Craft
Admission in Him Jyoti School, Dehradun
Him Jyoti School, Dehradun offers admission from Class V to XII only and grants admission for class V only. The guidelines for an Admission in Him Jyoti School, Dehradun is listed below.
- Admission will be done only through entrance test.
- Entrance Test Registration is from Oct-March till the entrance exam.
- Entrance Test is conducted in different districts of Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand girls having 60% or more are eligible for an entrance exam (some seats are reserved for Sikkim girls).
- Selection is don on the basis of merit.
- The family income of every girl should be below Rs 8000/ and she should be of 9-11 years of age.
- One girl child per family is eligible for admission.