About The Doon Girls School, Dehradun
Established in the year 2000 The Doon Girls School, Dehradun, was the genesis of an idiosyncratic preparatory girls school which was purely residential. The school emphasizes on preparing young girls for ending up into an exemplary secondary school by providing them a nourishing environment which not only centralizes in achieving excellence in academics, sports and co-curricular activities but also facilitating them to grow as individuals.
The Doon Girls School run classes between Class Pre-I to Class VIII. It is situated close to the Welham Girls’ School. With students from the Northern part of India and all over the globe, the school has courteousness and human values as its mandatory policy.
Admission in The Doon Girls School
The School admits students from Class- pre I to Class-VIII every year, but new admissions are done only up to class V. A registration is required before any admission via filling up a registration form, 4 passport size photographs, an attested copy of the child’s birth certificate and a registration fee which is to be deposited in the office. An interview and a basic test is conducted for the admission of every child.
Co-Curricular Activities at The Doon Girls School
The Doon Girls School not only strengthens the performance of a students in academics but also gives the child the essential time and space to enhance its creativity by encouraging the girls to participate in a variety of activities such as Annual Inter House- music, dance and art and craft competitions. Along with acquisition of Indian and western music, classical dance- Kathak, folk dance, dramatics, designing and visualizing etc. The school also in builds the essence of sportsmanship and team spirit by organizing a variety of games for girls. Not just that, The Doon Girls School impregnate in a girl the taste of adventure and freedom by going on trips to places like Mussoorie, Rishikesh, Shivpuri, Rajaji National Park and experience adventure sports.
Facilities by The Doon Girls School
- Only 200 girls for exclusivity, not more than 20 girls in each class.
- Audio-visual teaching aids. Educomp smartclass TM facility.
- Physical, Cultural & Social development of children.
- Stress on Indian tradition and culture.
- Emphasis on good manners and hygiene.
- Grooming for entrance test and interviews for Welhams Girls’ , Mayo Girls’ and other schools.
- Pastoral care by matrons,tutors and housemistress.
- Kitchen and housekeeping managed by professional hoteliers.
- Swimming pool, with state-of-the-art German filtration plant.
- School infirmary.